Filipino Food - Recipes Philippines website brings you Phillipine food recipes that are truly delicious. This website also features a special section of Filipino recipes for renal/kidney patients.
Filipino Food Recipes
Mechado is a filipino food recipe.
1 kilogram beef, lean
Strips of pork fat
4 onions, whole
1/2 cup vinegar
1 can tomato sauce
6 potatoes, cut in halves
1/2 laurel leaf
2 tablespoon fat
1 teaspoon pimenton
1. Insert fat strips lengthwise in beef.
2. In a deep pot, place the meat, laurel, tomato sauce, vinegar, salt and water to cover.
3. Cover and simmer until tender.
4. Add potatoes, onions and pimenton
5. Continue cooking.
6. When most of the broth has evaporated and potatoes are cooked, add fat and stir well.